Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Reading Excerpt

I am reading 3 books right now.  It is a bad habit, I know.  One book is spiritual, one is a novel (a mystery), and one is a professional book on teaching reading well.

This is an excerpt from the spiritual book ( a gift from a great friend).  It is by Katrina J. Zeno and is entitled "Discovering the Feminine Genius".

"Take a moment and ask yourself:  Do I experience my life as a journey to the house of the Father, a Father whose unconditional love has melted my heart so that I know I am His daughter?  Or am I struggling with my foundational identity, with my self worth?"

I dealt with this just last week.  Someone who doesn't know me or my dedication to my home and family or to my teaching at school made an unfair comment based on a situation that was not in my control.  And I let that comment throw me for about 2 and a half days.  The grace of prayer finally pulled me out of my self absorbed hurt pride and into God's love.  But I've realized how much stake I place on my roles in life as to the level of my worth.

And yet, God says I am His daughter, therefore beloved. Just for existing.  For sharing my God-given light in this corner of the world. 

There's a release and a great freedom in that.  I intend to meditate upon this some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment